Frequently Asked Questions
- What is pigment dye? Is it colorfast?
- What is neon?
- Do they glow in the dark?
- Where are your shirts made?
- Can I buy shirts wholesale? Do you sell retail?
- Can I screen print them?
- Can they be digitally printed?
- Can I apply transfers?
- Can you print them for me?
- Where do you ship from?
- Can you ship blind?
- How can I pay?
- Do you offer free freight?
- Is there a minimum order size?
- Are the inventory levels accurate?
- I need more tees than you show on hand. Help?
- Will these shirts shrink?
- What pantone colors are the shirts?
1. What is pigment dye? Is it colorfast?
Pigment dye is a process where the dye is applied to a finished garment. The dye sits on top of the fibers rather than embedding itself deep into the fiber. The result is a product with a soft hand that will soften over time. During each wash cycle, a little bit of the dye washes out resulting in a very soft garment that has that *lived-in* look and feel. These garments are designed to fade over time.
With garment dye, subtle variations from dye lot to dye lot are to be expected. Each garment is unique unto itself. We do recommend washing separately in cold water. The pigment dyeing process will result in color loss during the first washings.
When selling these shirts to groups, it is important to let them know about these properties. They are generally not good for safety workers or team uniforms as the colors do lighten over time. They are great for events where the group will be together only one time. After that, the customer will still enjoy the shirt for a long time, but having every shirt be the same color tone is not important.
2. What is neon?
Neon is an actual element that emits light when an electrical charge is applied. These shirts don't have batteries, but through special dyes and optical additives, they do emit an iridescent glow.
3. Do they glow in the dark?
Yes and no. By themselves, they will not glow in the dark. Under a black light, they will pop quite brightly.
4. Where are your shirts made?
The raw cotton shirts are sewn overseas, this is where the t-shirt mills are. Some shirts are then dyed overseas and some are dyed in the U.S. depending upon the shirt, production capacity and the availability of the special dyes needed.
5. Can I buy shirts wholesale? Do you sell retail?
You must be a qualified Distributor, Decorator or Manufacturer to purchase directly from Neon Tees. If you do not qualify for a wholesale account we encourage you to purchase directly from our retail site. Bulk pricing is available on that site for orders of 12 pieces of more.
If you are looking for retail shirts, please visit our retail site, www.justneontees.com
6. Can I screen print them?
Yes, they can be screen printed. Care must be taken to avoid stray ink as they cannot be sprayed with solvents to remove the excess ink. Additional care must be taken to not let the shirts touch any part of the dryer or they may scorch. See the decoration information page for more information.
7. Can they be digitally printed?
Yes, but direct heat via a heat press may scorch the shirts. Using a belt dryer will avoid that problem. See the decoration information page for more information.
8. Can I apply transfers?
Transfers that require high temperatures or long set times may not work. Transfers that can be applied with low temperatures and/or short durations may work better. We recommend trying one or two before to make sure it will work. See the decoration information page for more information.
9. Can you print them for me?
Yes, we can print them for you. We have low contract rates and quick turnarounds. We can even blind ship direct to your customer. Contact us for a quote.
10. Where do you ship from?
We ship from our Springfield, NJ location.
11. Can you ship blind?
Yes, we can ship blind. You can provide a packing list or we can generate a generic one.
12. How can I pay?
Below are the four methods by which you can pay for your order.
- COD Cashiers Check: All initial orders are shipped on COD cashier's check basis. Payment must be given to the carrier in the form of a cashiers check or money order.
- COD Check: Upon approval, customers may make payment to carrier by company check. To obtain company check privileges, request an application from your salesperson or the credit department. Personal checks will not be accepted.
- Credit Cards: We accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover.
- Net Terms: Open terms are granted to customers with excellent credit references. Financial statements may be required. Open terms are net from date of invoice. A finance charge of 1.5% per month (18% per annum) will be charged on balances beyond established terms. We reserve the right to revoke or limit credit terms. Contact us for a credit application.
Opening orders are to be paid for by COD or credit card.
13. Do you offer free freight?
At this time, we are not offering free freight.
14. Is there a minimum order size?
No, there is no minimum size. However, small order fees apply for any order with less than 12 garments.
15. Are the inventory levels accurate?
Yes, the inventory numbers displayed should be accurate. We cycle count the inventory regularly to try to keep it as accurate as possible.
16. I need more tees than you show on hand. Help?
We generally have a quick replenishment of our tees We can take back-orders and ship as soon as the shirts are available.
The site will take a back order on shirts and we will fill any back-orders as quickly as possible.
For additional information or to discuss any back-orders or special needs, please call us at 908-497-9900 or e-mail us.
17. Will these shirts shrink?
Our shirts are made from preshrunk 100% cotton. These shirts are garment dyed, meaning we are dyeing an already assembled shirt rather than mass dyeing a large roll of fabric. Before dyeing, we have started with a slightly oversized garment to compensate for shrinkage. Additional shrinkage with 100% cotton garments may occur, however the garment dye process has already taken care of the initial shrink.
18. What pantone colors are the shirts?
Our garments have their own unique colors. They are made with pigment dyes with optical enhancers. Here are some pms color approximations. They ARE NOT EXACT and are provided only as an approximation. If in doubt, request samples or a swatch card.
Neon Blue - Close to a 285C
Neon Green - Close 802C in close, but a shade lighter.
Neon Orange - Close to 811C, but less intense
Neon Pink - Two shades lighter than 806C. More pink than 812C.
Neon Purple - Darker than 814C. Close to 2597C.
Neon Yellow - Think 809C less some of the green
Again - THESE ARE NOT EXACT - these are garment dyed shirts and there is variation between lots. We really do recommend getting swatch cards - they are free and get sent to every new account that gets approved.